2017 onward: Assistant Coordinator at PIASS Karongi Campus, Karongi, Rwanda
2014 onward: Assistant Lecturer at Protestant Institute of Arts and Social Sciences, Huye and Karongi Campuses, Rwanda
2012-2014: Teacher of History: G.S St Etienne Sheli, Kamonyi
2007-2012: Marker and Team Leader of national examinations of history, REB, Kigali
2005-2012: Teacher of History and Dean of Studies: ESSFIH, Muhanga
2002-2004: Teacher of History and Dean of Studies: G.S. St Jean Nyarusange, Muhanga
1996-1997: Teacher of English: ECOSE Musambira, Kamonyi
- 1. 2022 onward: PhD research project: “Teaching history in teacher education programs at university in Rwanda: History educators’ perceptions and experiences”, University of Bamberg.
- 2. 2021-2022: Training project member: “Improving Teaching quality through professional learning of teachers in 10 secondary schools of Presbyterian Church of Rwanda” in collaboration with Presbyterian Church of Rwanda and Département Missionaire Exchange et Mission, Switzerland.
- 3. 2020-2021: Training project member: Professional development of teachers in Tumba Sector by Professional “Umuganda”: Enhancement of competence-based teaching, funded by IMPEQ Innovation Fund Project and Bread for the World, Germany.
- 4. 2019: Training project initiator “In-service teachers’ training on professional learning communities for Protestant University of Rwanda academic staff”, funded by IMPEQ in collaboration with PIASS.
- 1. Niyonzima, L. (2021). Peace education in institutions of higher learning in post-conflict situation: Experiences of students from Rwanda, International conference on Education for Peace by PIASS,
- 2. ULPGL, UEC and University of Bamberg, 16-17 February 2021, Goma, Democratic Republic of Congo (online).
- 3. Niyonzima, L. (2020). Schools as open spaces for dialogue in globalized world: Teachers' perceptions on learning from and with colleagues through dialogue, International conference on Education for Globalization by PIASS, ULPGL, UEC and University of Bamberg, 16-17 February 2020. Butare/Rwanda.