The Protestant Institute of Arts and Social Sciences (PIASS) would like to recruit a lecturer for the program of Urban Planning and Management of the Faculty of Development Studies (FDS)
- Key duties and responsibilities
- Implementation of programs and teaching plans and report on progress to the line manager.
- Ensure smooth running of continuous assessment and examinations for the modules taught.
- Ensure that lecturers assess in accordance with the institutions’ standards and students get feedback on time
- Preparation and teaching the modules related to the specific subject areas allocated.
- Invigilate exams
- Participate in supervision and examination of students’ dissertations
- Participate in development and review of academic programs
- Participate actively in PIASS research activities, and community outreach programs
- Collaborate with other faculties, and departments at PIASS wherever needed to enhance compliance with high quality teaching, learning and assessment standards
- Support students for internship placement, plan and ensure their timely visits.
- Participate in creation of partnerships that are important to increase PIASS visibility, enrollment and impact.
- Take part in spiritual and social activities related to community life at PIASS
2. Profile of the candidate
- At least have a master’s degree in urban planning and management.
- High English proficiency required
- Computer literacy with experience of using different e-learning platforms
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Team spirit and experience
- Proven organizational, coordination and inter-cultural communication skills
- Proven experience of teaching in a higher learning institution
- Results oriented with adherence to deliverables and deadlines
- Familiarity with MIS would be an added value
3. Files should contain the following documents:
- Application letter addressed to the vice-chancellor of PIASS
- Curriculum vitae in English
- Copies of university degrees, transcripts, and other certificates (both undergraduate and master’s levels)
- Certificate of equivalence for degrees obtained from abroad
- Any other supporting document deemed important by the applicant
4. Application Procedures and deadline.
The application should be done in three-step
1. Avail all your supporting documents
2. Use the link below to fill out and submit the online application form https://forms.gle/9m2FKo5DM2MtCSJd9
(Note that you need a Gmail account to log in).
3. Put your application documents together in a single PDF file and upload them immediately after filling in the online form or/and submit them to the following emails not later than 6th October 2023 (5:00 pm):
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Done at Huye, on 22nd September 2023
Prof. Dr. Penine Uwimbabazi