The Protestant Institute of Arts and Social Sciences (PIASS) would like to recruit a lecturer for the program of Water Resources Management of the Faculty of Architecture and Green Technology
- Key duties and responsibilities
- Implementation of programs and teaching plans and report on progress to the faculty council and the academic senate.
- Ensure smooth running of continuous assessment and examinations for the modules taught.
- Ensure that assessment is done in accordance with the institutions’ standards and students get feedback on time
- Preparation and teaching the modules related to the specific subject areas allocated.
- Invigilate exams
- Participate in supervision and examination of students’ dissertations
- Participate in development and review of academic programs
- Participate actively in PIASS research activities, and community outreach programs
- Secure research grants, consultancies and funding to support research projects.
- Collaborate with other faculties, and departments at PIASS wherever needed to enhance compliance with high quality teaching, learning and assessment standards
- Assist students in their academic and professional development, offering guidance and support.
- Supervise graduate students' theses or research projects.
- Organize field trips, workshops, or seminars related to water resources
- Participate in creation of partnerships that are important to increase PIASS visibility, enrollment and impact.
- Prepare, set up, and perform various laboratory tests and experiments related to water quality, hydrology, and environmental analysis.
- Follow established protocols and safety procedures while conducting experiments.
- Collect, record, and manage data obtained from laboratory experiments and fieldwork.
- Assist in the analysis of water samples using various instruments and analytical techniques.
- Maintain and calibrate laboratory equipment, ensuring its proper functioning.
- Assist in the collection of water and soil samples from field sites as required.
- Ensure proper labeling, storage, and transportation of collected samples.
- Maintain detailed records of laboratory procedures, test results, and observations.
- Adhere to laboratory safety protocols, including the handling and disposal of hazardous materials
- Take part in spiritual and social activities related to community life at PIASS
2. Profile of the candidate
- At least have a master’s degree in water resources management, Environmental Engineering, Hydrology, or a closely related field.
- Demonstrated expertise in water resources management through research, publications, or industry experience
- High English proficiency required
- Computer literacy with experience of using different e-learning platforms
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Team spirit and experience
- Proven organizational, coordination, and inter-cultural communication skills
- Proven experience of teaching in a higher-learning institution
- Ability to secure research funding and grants.
- Results-oriented with adherence to deliverables and deadlines
- Familiarity with MIS would be an added value
3. Application files should contain the following documents:
- Application letter addressed to the vice-chancellor of PIASS
- Curriculum vitae in English
- Copies of university degrees, transcripts, and other certificates (both undergraduate and master’s levels)
- Certificate of equivalence for degrees obtained from abroad
- Any other supporting document deemed important by the applicant
4. Application Procedures and Deadline.
The application should be done in three steps
- Avail all your supporting documents
- Use the link below to fill out and submit the online application form https://forms.gle/8Tm8hxPRNHJbyjdm6
(Note that you need a Gmail account to log in).
- Put your application documents together in a single PDF file and upload them immediately after filling in the online form or/and submit them to the following emails not later than 6th October 2023 (5:00 pm):
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for written test and interview.
Done at Huye, on 22nd September 2023
Prof. Dr. Penine Uwimbabazi