- Key duties and responsibilities
- Liaise with the FDS and department and provide relevant services to students on behalf of faculty and department under the direct supervision of Karongi Campus Coordinator
- Liaise with department and faculty and develop teaching plans, and timetables in collaboration with Huye campus and Karongi Campus Coordinator
- Monitor the implementation of programs and teaching plans and report on progress to Karongi Campus Coordinator and the FDS Dean
- Coordinate and ensure smooth running of continuous assessment and examinations for faculty students at Karongi
- Ensure that lecturers assess in accordance with the institutions’ standards and students get feedback on time
- Preparation and teaching the modules related to Development Studies at Karongi and Huye campuses taking into consideration his/her overall workload
- Invigilate exams at karongi campus
- Participate in supervision and examination of students’ dissertations
- Participate in development and review of new programs
- Participate actively in PIASS research activities, and community outreach programs Implement on behalf of faculty the activities that are related the MoUs with different partners
- Collaborate with other faculties, and departments at PIASS wherever needed to enhance teaching, learning and assessment strategies with quality standards
- Support students for internship placement and plan their visits.
- Receive students’ claims and ensure that they are handled on time
- Advise PIASS on marketing strategies and take part in activities that can increase students’ enrollment rates
- Participate in creation of partnerships that are important to increase PIASS visibility and impact.
= Take part in spiritual and social activities related to community life at PIASS
2. Qualification, skills and experience required
- At least have a master’s degree in the following areas: Community Development, Rural Development, project management and other related domain.
- High English proficiency required
- Computer literacy with experience of using different e-learning platforms
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Team spirit and experience
- Proven organizational, coordination and inter-cultural communication skills
- Proven experience of teaching in a higher learning institution
- Results oriented with adherence to deliverables and deadlines
- Familiarity with MIS would be an added value
3. Application files should contain the following documents:
- Application letter addressed to the vice-chancellor of PIASS
- Curriculum vitae in English
- Copies of university degrees, transcripts, and other certificates (both undergraduate and master’s levels)
- Certificate of equivalence for degrees obtained from abroad
- Any other supporting document deemed important by the applicant
4. Application Procedures and deadline.
The application should be done in three steps
1. Avail all your supporting documents (Degree certificate, academic transcripts, equivalence where applicable, CV, and Motivation letter)
2. Use the link below to fill out and submit the online application form https://forms.gle/KepmwEY1rkiqfmWh6
(Note that you need a Gmail account to log in).
3. Put your application documents together in a single PDF file and upload them immediately after filling in the online form or/and submit them to the following emails not later than 6th October 2023 (5:00 pm):Email: [email protected] and copied to [email protected]
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Done at Huye, on 22nd,September 2023
Prof. Dr. Penine Uwimbabazi