The Protestant Institute of Arts and Social Sciences (PIASS) would like to recruit an Administrative Assistant for the Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies.
- Master’s degree of Theology in New Testament, Practical Theology, Christian Ethics, intercultural Theology, missiology, and any other related domain
- Equivalence issued by the Higher Education Council of Rwanda for those who studied abroad
- Good academic grade both in Bachelor and Master’s studies (At least second-class upper level or its equivalent)
- Two year of teaching and/ or professional experience
- Excellent Communication skills (both writing and speaking) in English. Good command of French is an added value.
- Excellent command of ICT tools (internet, Microsoft Word & Excel, PowerPoint, student management system and online teaching platforms)
- Good morality with Christian values of love, integrity, sociability, respect of others, hardworking and determination
- Ability to work in a team
- Reporting skills
2. Main responsibilities
- Preparation of Faculty meetings (invitations, Agenda, and various working documents)
- Dealing with the correspondence received and sent by the Dean;
- Managing the audiences and appointments of the Dean;
- Assisting the Dean in receiving and orienting students’ inquiries
- Organizing conferences and workshops
- Preparation of various reports;
- Preparation of students' transcripts and other administrative documents
- Reporting to the faculty council meetings;
- Preparation and teaching modules of his/ her specialization in undergraduate programs upon request
- Supervision and examination of students’ dissertations and internships
- Effective involvement in PIASS research activities, program design, review, and community outreach
- Close collaboration with all faculties, Departments and different Directorates and Services.
- Carrying out any other duty in connection with his/her attributions as may be assigned to him/her by the Dean.
- Readiness to live in Huye District (Nearby PIASS)
3. Required documents
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae with the names and addresses of three persons of reference
- A recommendation letter from his / her church specifying that the candidate will be released from other church duties once recruited by PIASS
- Scanned Copies of Undergraduate and Master’s degrees and transcripts
- A scanned Copy of National ID card and / or Passport
- A scanned copy of equivalence for those who studied abroad
4. Application procedures and deadline
The application should be done in three steps:
1. Avail all your supporting documents
2. Use the link below to fill out and submit online application form https://forms.gle/nthL5UhEjnGMni4p8
(Note that you need a Gmail account to log in). If you have some technical issues, please contact the Dean of the Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies for help (+250788620232)
3. Put you application documents together in a single PDF file and upload them immediately after filling in the online form or/and submit them to the following emails not later than 15 September 2023 (5:00pm):
Done at Huye, on 3 September 2023
Prof. Dr. Penine Uwimbabazi, PIASS Vice-Chancellor.
Click this link for Apply https://forms.gle/nthL5UhEjnGMni4p8