CALL FOR SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION TO STUDY PEACE-BUILDING AND DEVELOPMENT FOR RWANDAN STUDENTS
CALL FOR APPLICATION
Full and Partial Scholarships for Rwandan youth
for Studying Peace-Building and Development in an Honours Bachelor Programme
We are pleased to announce availability of 2 full and 6 partial scholarships for well-motivated and competent Rwandan students who would like to pursue the 3-year Honors Bachelor’s degree in Peace-Building and Development (See the programme description attached). Currently, students from 10 countries are studying in this Bachelor’s degree programme whose main aim is to foster a regional network of peace-builders across national boundaries.
Following the recent communiqué of the Rwandan government which endorsed the resumption of educational institutions in the coming weeks, we are currently preparing for reopening our campuses. We aim to start the academic year of 2020-2021 in December this year, but subject to change depending on the evolution of COVID-19 outbreak in the coming months.
The recipient of a full scholarship will be selected based both on merit that is assessed with application documents, a written test and an interview as well as on financial need that is supported by compelling evidence. They will be exempted from payment of annual registration and tuition fees for 3 years as well as internships and dissertation fees. Living costs in Huye must be covered by the student or his/her own sponsor rather than PIASS. Estimated minimum on-campus living costs for one academic year are approximately RWF 400,000 for a single student.
The recipient of a partial scholarship will be selected based solely on merit that is assessed with application documents, a written test and an interview. They will be exempted from payment of 50% of registration and tuition fees for 3 years. The remaining 50% of annual registration and tuitions fees (RWF 197,500/year), fees for internships and dissertation project (RWF 180,000) and living costs in Huye (minimum RWF 400,000/year per) must be covered by the student or his/her own sponsor rather than PIASS.
The successful applicants must:
- Be not more than 30 years of age;
- have completed high school education with at least two principal passes or equivalent results; and
- demonstrate a proven track record of engaging in peace and development related activities.
The applicant is required to submit:
- Filled PIASS application form (Please request firstname.lastname@example.org to send you an application form. Application fees are not required for those who have not been selected.)
- Notarized copy of national examination certificate
- Copies of secondary school transcripts (the last 3 years)
- Copies of other training certificates/diplomas (if any)
- Copy of national ID
- Letter of motivation written in English by the applicant him/herself
- Two recommendation letters in English or French
- Evidence of financial need issued by the local government at the sector level (only for the applicant of a full scholarship)
Application deadline: November 10, 2020