RECRUITMENT OF PIASS PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER IN CHARGE OF MARKETING
- Vacancy Information
1.1 Presentation of the Position
1. Name of the position: Public Relations Officer in charge of Marketing
1.1.2 Main assignment: Under the supervision of the Vice Chancellor, the Public Relations Officer in Charge of Marketing will develop media handling plans for all upcoming events and announcements in the institution including organizing conferences and drafting newsletters and other official documents as required. S/he will also ensure accurate and comprehensive collection and reporting of information related to marketing activities to the Office of Vice Chancellor. S/he is expected to adhere to PIASS code of conduct and ethics.
1.1.3 Rank of the position: Answerable to the Vice Chancellor of PIASS.
- Terms of Reference and Profile
Public Relations Officer in charge of Marketing will have tasks of the following duties to perform:
- Receiving and Orienting PIASS guests and visitors
- Ensuring information about meetings, conferences, seminars and other ceremonies taking place at PIASS.
- Prepare announcements to PIASS partners informing them about the achievements and realizations of the institution
- Publish and disseminate messages, speeches and interviews of the Vice Chancellor
- Prepare and correct the Vice Chancellor’s speeches, messages and statements to the public.
- Ensure media coverage of meetings and national or international conferences associated to PIASS Activities.
- Regularly gather information, populate and manage the Institutional Communications and feed information related to Education to the Office of the Vice Chancellor on a weekly basis
- Act as a first point of contact for media inquiries by phone and e-mail.
- Maintain a communication contact database and support wider cross institutional communication work as required.
- Assist in event planning and implementation
- Maintain good relations with churches, public and private partners.
- Develop and implement marketing and advertising campaigns as well as maintaining promotional materials inventory.
- Identify and plan promotional events or activities at local, regional and international levels.
- Design and implement institutional marketing programs and efforts to promote activities of PIASS.
2.2 Job Profile : Key Technical Skills and Knowledge Required
- Hold at least university bachelor’s degree (A0), preferably in Marketing, Communication, Journalism, or any other related field.
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Creativity, initiative, good organisational and time-management skills
- Effective public relations and public speaking skills.
- Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/or French. Knowledge of all these languages is an advantage.
- Strong computer skills and use of MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, among others.
- Knowledge of social media and other web marketing technologies (E,g targeting Facebook posts and Google analytics)
- Abilities to set priorities and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Perform any other task as required.
- Documents to Submit:
- Application letter addressed to the Vice Chancellor
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae with three reference persons
- Copy of certified degree and the academic transcripts of the two last years
- Copy of National ID Card.
Done at Huye on February 25th, 2019
Vice Chancellor of PIASS
Rev. Prof. Elisée MUSEMAKWELI
Download: Recruitment Public Relations Officer in charge of Marketing.pdf