Recruitment of a permanent lecturer of FDS
Vacancy announcement for the recruitment of a permanent lecturer
Protestant Institute of Arts and Social Sciences (PIASS) wishes to recruit a full time Lecturer for the Faculty of Development Studies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching different courses from the field of rural and community development, project management, economic development or similar subjects;
- Initiating and conducting research projects in social sciences;
- Supervising students’ dissertations;
- Carry out all other activities requested by PIASS management.
He/she should possess a Masters degree in one of the following areas:
Rural development, agriculture economics, environmental economics, economics of development or any other related field;
- He/she should possess a bachelor’s degree in economics, sociology, rural development, or any other related field;
- He/she should have at least a two year teaching experience in higher learning institutions;
- Having an experience in administration or management of academic institutions is an advantage;
- Excellent command of English and French;
- Self-responsibility and team work spirit;
- High command in computer skills.
- Accept PIASS as principal employer.
Done at Huye on 7th November 2018
Rev. Prof. Elisée MUSEMAKWELI
Vice Chancellor of PIASS