Recruitment of Accountant
PIASS – Protestant Institute of Arts and Social Sciences in Butare - is announcing that the post of Accountant is vacant. Candidates are invited to apply for this job by August 2, 2018, at 5 PM latest. Applications have to be brought in the Office of the Vice Chancellor from 08:30 AM to 5PM during working days. Shortlisted candidates will be informed and communicated about the date of a written exam and interview.
TERMS OF REFERENCE AND PROFILE FOR ACCOUNTANT
- Terms Of Reference
- Maintain and file the accounting documents including: financial records, ledger, chart of accounts, trial balance accounts, account book, income statement and balance sheet;
- Collecting all supporting documents for expenditures and classifying them properly.
- Provide the necessary information to Chief Accountant in order to provide required reports.
- Maintain check books and payment order properly, and inform any requisition order for check books or payment order needed.
- Prepare all payments notes together with their corresponding cheques.
- Rapidly treat the documents entrusted to him/her;
- Pick out all expenditures in order to ensure the availability of the required budget, the compliance of documents of proof and treasure verification.
- Check the monthly bank reconciliations and accounting adjustments which result from them;
- Prepare and present the weekly cash flow to the Chief Accountant
- Replace the Chief Accountant if need be due to emergency situation.
- Record the daily accounting operations in accounting software.
I.2 Recovery and Petty cash book control
- Regularly control petty cash box held by Cashier.
- To maintain and replenish the central cashbox;
- To establish the daily statements of receipts and expenditures and submit them to accountant for imputation;
- To register all pay slips into software.
- To be in close collaboration with Registration Office.
- To ensure that access cards are being proper used, and checking if students are accessing studies and other PIASS’s services are those who have the access card only.
- To register all signed checks and to distribute them to relevant beneficiaries,
- To ensure the recovery of all PIASS debts and claims;
- Hold at least university bachelor’s degree (A0), preferably specialized in Accountancy and Management, Finance and with three years experience in a similar position
- Equipped with computer skills such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Internet, Accounting software such as SAGE will be an added value.
- Ability to deliver good service to everyone including students
- Must have a good command of technical and communication English , French skills will be an added value.
- Documents to Submit:
- Application letter addressed to the Vice Chancellor
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae with three reference persons
- Copy of certified degree
- A Church recommendation
Done at Huye on July 23, 2018
Vice Chancellor of PIASS
Rev. Prof. Elisée MUSEMAKWELI
Download pdf document : Recruitment of PIASS Accountant.pdf