RECRUITMENT OF PIASS CHAPLAIN AND DEAN OF STUDENTS
Protestant Institute of Arts and Social Sciences (PIASS )is announcing that the post of Chaplain and Dean of Students is vacant. Candidates are invited to apply for this job by February 19, 2018, at 5 PM latest. Applications have to be brought in the Office of the Vice Chancellor from 08:30 am to 5pm during working days. Shortlisted candidates will be informed and communicated about the date of a written exam and interview.
- Vacant Position: Chaplain and Dean of Students
2. Terms of Reference
The Chaplain and Dean of Students shall have the following duties:
- Conceiving any policy likely to ensure a mood of serenity within the students’ community
- Administer rationally, in collaboration with the Unit of Assets Management, buildings, furniture, equipment and materials put at the students’ disposal.
- Organizing and coordinating all spiritual activities within PIASS
- Serving as a link between students and PIASS authorities as regards the students’ welfare.
- Planning and Organizing Sport, Cultural and Student Activities
- Addressing problems of disabled students and students with specific problems
- Providing international students with assistance.
- Checking the observance of rules of conduct in residences according to the regulations related to PIASS Assets at students’ disposal.
- Contributing to the improvement of mechanisms of information, admission and orientation of students at PIASS
- Facilitating academic integration of new students
- Dealing with issues related to repetition, reorientation, suspensions, students’ appeals and gender based issues
- Holding a Masters’ Degree in Social Sciences
- Being a Pastor from PIASS Member Church with a Theological Background from a Recognized institution
- Must not combine PIASS duties with Church Responsibilities
- Being able to work in a multicultural and ecumenical environment
- Having experience in organizing social groups especially young people.
- Being able to work in an academic environment
- Being available to start working from the beginning of March
- Required Skills
- Being able to communicate fluently in Kinyarwanda, English, French and the knowledge of Kiswahili will be an added value.
- Having counseling skills
- Being open-minded
- Being innovative and Creative
- Having a wide knowledge on Rwandan society.
- Documents to Submit:
- Application letter addressed to the Vice Chancellor
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae with three reference persons
- Copy of certified degrees and the academic transcripts of the two last years
- A PIASS Member Church recommendation
Done at Huye, February 7th, 2018
Vice Chancellor of PIASS
Rev. Prof. Dr Elisée MUSEMAKWELI
Download pdf document: RECRUITMENT OF PIASS CHAPLAIN AND DEAN OF STUDENTS.pdf