The Senate is the supreme organ responsible for academic affairs, research and education within PIASS
The Senate is made up of the following members
Rev. Prof. Elisée Musemakweli, Vice Chancellor, Chair
Prof. Penine Uwimbabazi, Deputy Vice Chancellor, Secretary
Rev. Dr. Olivier Munyansanga, FTRS Dean, Member
Prof. Innocent Nkundabatware, FED Dean, Member
Rev. Celestin NSENGIMANA, FDS Dean, Member
Prof. Tharcisse Gatwa, Director of Research, Member
Mr. Abel Dufitumukiza, Director of Qulaity Assurance,Member
Rev. Dr. Akimana Gabriel, Registrar, Member
Rev. Damien Nzeyimana, Director of Library and ICT, Member
Mrs Jacqueline Mukanziza, FED Academic Secretary, Member
Mr. Leonidas Maniraho,FDS Academic Secretary,Member
Mr. Canon Etienne Uwajyiwabo Chaplain and Dean of Students, Member
Uwambajimana Yvonne ,Member (PIASSSU V/President )
Ngendahimana Alphonse, Member (FTRS students Repres.)
Rwabuneza Bernard, Member (FDS students Repres)
Umuhoza Floriane, Member (FED students Repres.)
Karongi Students Repres.
The responsibilities of the Senate are the following:
– Devising strategies, programs, academic and research calendars and submitting them to the Board of Directors for approval before their implementation
– Devising strategies and programs for an adequate education to Rwandan citizens.
– Devising academic regulations governing admission and teaching conditions, conduct, examinations, degrees and certificates delivered by the Institution and submitting them to the Board of Directors for approval.
– Appreciating the decisions concerning examinations or other tests and submitting them to the Board of Directors for approval
– Making and submitting to the Board of Directors proposals on recruitment, promotion and, where necessary, penalties to impose on lecturers and researchers
– Making and submitting to the Board of Directors proposals on salaries and privileges of the academic and research staff of the Private Institutions of Higher learning
– Directing and monitoring academic, research and education activities within Faculties, Departments and Centers of the Institution of Higher learning
– Making and submitting to the Board of Directors proposals on the creation, reduction, change, cancellation or the merging of Faculties, Departments and the Institution’s Specialized Centers,
– Preparing and submitting to the Board of Directors an annual report on all the academic, research and education activities in PIASS.
– Carrying out any other activity assigned to it by the Board of Directors.