CALL FOR SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION TO STUDY PEACE-BUILDING AND DEVELOPMENT FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
CALL FOR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Open to students from international (non-Rwandan) African students
to study Peace-Building and Development in an Honours Bachelor Programme
Thanks to continued support from our partners in Japan, we are pleased to announce the availability of scholarships for 6 competent African international students who would like to pursue the 3-year Honors Bachelor’s degree in Peace-Building and Development (See the programme description attached). Following the recent communiqué of the Rwandan government which endorsed the resumption of educational institutions in the coming weeks, we are currently preparing for reopening our campuses. We aim to start the academic year of 2020-2021 in December this year, but subject to change depending on the evolution of COVID-19 outbreak in the coming months.
This scholarship programme aims to provide young people from African countries, especially but not limited to those in the Great Lakes Region, with high quality training in peace-building and development, thereby fostering a network of peace-builders across national boundaries. Currently, students from 10 different countries are actively taking part in the programme.
The recipient of the scholarship will be exempted from payment of annual registration and tuition fees for 3 years as well as internship and dissertation fees, and also be entitled to basic health insurance coverage. Travel and living costs in Huye must be covered by the student or his/her own sponsor rather than PIASS. Estimated minimum on-campus living costs for one academic year are approximately RWF 400,000 for a single student.
The successful applicants must:
- be not more than 30 years of age;
- have completed high school education with at least two principal passes or equivalent results; and
- demonstrate a proven track record of engaging in peace and development related activities.
The applicant is required to submit all the following documents compiled in one PDF document:
- Filled PIASS application form (Please request email@example.com to send you an application form. Application fees are not required.)
- Notarized copy of national examination certificate
- Copies of secondary school transcripts (the last 3 years)
- Copies of other training certificates/diplomas (if any)
- Copy of passport
- Letter of motivation written in English by the applicant him/herself
- Two recommendation letters written in English or French
Application deadline: November 10, 2020