Recruitment of Assistant Lecturer
The Protestant Institute of Arts and Social Sciences (PIASS) wishes to recruit an Assistant Lecturer under the department of Natural Resources and Environmental Management (NREM) in the Faculty of Development Studies (FDS).
Duties and Responsibilities
- She /He should be involved in teaching activities in the department of NREM and other departments when necessary,
- Supervising internships and research dissertations in NREM /other departments when necessary,
- Participating in scientific research activities at the Faculty and Institutional levels,
- Organizing and supervising students field studies under the department,
- Organize laboratory practices in environmental sciences,
- Ensure the security of all instruments and consumables in the laboratory,
- Propose (when necessary) the list of equipments and consumables to be purchased and any other duties deemed necessary,
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Faculty or PIASS.
Profile and Requirements
- Master degree in Environmental related subjects like biodiversity conservation, Natural resources and environmental management, biotechnology related domains and bachelor degree in Biology, Biotechnology and other related fields
- Having Experience at least one year in Laboratory management
- Fluency in English, both verbal and writing,
- Strong organizational skills and planning capabilities,
- Innovative and skilled in conducting research
- Command of Word, Excel and Power Point and internet
- Good communication and ability to work in Team
- Available to work
Interested candidates should submit via email: firstname.lastname@example.org the scanned copy of an application letter addressed to the Vice Chancellor of PIASS; Curriculum vitae; academic degree and any other document deemed useful for application not later than 30th December, 2019 at 5pm.
Done at Huye, 17/12/2019